If you put your heart against the earth with me,
in serving every creature,
our Beloved will enter you
from our sacred realm
and we will be,
we will be,
Our innate rhythmic body intelligence has moved within us since our conception. It expresses exquisite surges of expansive pleasure throughout our bodies. It is sensual. It is orgasmic, like a warm, gyrating, electric river. We pulse. This natural, fluidic pulse fuels our music making. It fuels our lives.
Drumming is heart. Drumming is connecting to the planet’s heart beat and eventually to the universal pulse, from which all things emanate. We drum the ecstatic dance of the universe.
Drumming is a spiritual practice. As one hand touches the drum then the other, we walk through inner space.
Drumming is visceral. Our skin touches the skin of the drum. Our bones shake up their truth. Our temperature rises. Our organs bounce.
In our time together, we will weave a seamless conversational space between us and the invisible worlds. We will be exploring the natural flow between drumming, moving, chanting and shamanic journeying. Certain vowels and consonants emanate. Words and phrases form.
Well-grounded in wise-woman and neo-pagan culture, I will help you
- Identify your personal and collective women’s issues. Drumming flies our intention to the universe where it takes form. It then returns to us in untold ways, at untold times.
- Hone your ability to really listen. In between the drum sound spaces we create with our drums, spirit and the ancestors converse with us. Invisible voices and choirs grace our ears commensurate to our offering ourselves to them.
- Meditate into the silence of your body, especially into your womb and bring this to your drumming
I am also a seasoned musician and teacher. Classes are presented in a master’s class format: everyone will receive the technical instruction they need, whether they are total beginners or seasoned players. There is a place for everyone in this circle of women. Each of us will learn:
- how to count in musical terms
- safe ergonomics so you play drum without damaging your body
- how to articulate ancient perennial drum language
- a foundational rhythm tailored to your expertise
If you are part of a small group that would like to have an introduction to this meditation system, please contact me.